Finance & Compliance Manager
- In depth understanding of all applicable laws including but not limited to Companies Act, 2017, Non-Banking Finance Company Regulations and Rules, AML and CFT Regulations, Income tax and sales tax laws.
- Establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducting trainings at an entity level on AML and CFT Regulations at regular intervals
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Ensuring completion and compliance of contracts with third-parties
- Liaison with regulatory bodies, legal counsel, external auditors and banks on periodic, and as and when need basis
- Filing of statutory forms as and when required.
- Coordinating efforts pertaining to audits, reviews, examinations and monitoring activities
- In-depth understanding of the financial and accounting best practices including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS),
- Preparation of annual financial statements and monthly management accounts as per IFRS
- Processing vendor invoices for payments, preparing financial documents, and reconciliation of accounts
- Ensure timely and complete adherence to tax laws i.e. Income Tax & Sale Tax.
- Close liaison with Operation Department for recording monthly provisioning as required under NBFC rules and regulations, reporting to e-CIB on a monthly basis.
- Providing strategic direction to the Management on compliance
- Preparing and presenting compliance reports to the Board
- Staying abreast with changes in regulations, and revising the compliance plan in light of changes
Required Working Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a compliance and/ or finance role preferably in banking, NBFC or other financial services company
- CA Finalist or ACCA from any of the big four audit firms
- Degree in finance, business administration, economics, management, legal or another closely related field
- Well-versed with Companies Act 2017, NBFC Rules and Regulations, AML & CFT Regulations, Tax Laws and other applicable laws and regulations
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and other accounting software